Thursday, May 20, 2010

They're just flowers!

Who knew there was so much to picking out flowers for a wedding!? Oh man. This past Saturday we went out to Loveland and tried out the food and spoke with the woman that will be doing the flowers. I can honestly say that I've been attentive for this entire wedding planning process except for that meeting. I think I checked out mentally after about 20 minutes and it went for a little over an hour! Discussing flowers! I do understand though. I just didn't realize all of the flower planning that went into a wedding! There was the discussion about the bouquet Monica will have and then there's the discussion for the bridesmaids, and maid and matron of honor. And of course the flowers need to be slightly different so the maid and matron stand out a bit. Then there's the groom's little whatever that goes on the tux, and then the best men get their little flower, and then the groomsmen get theirs. It's enough to pull my hair out. Then there's the flowers for the mothers, the flowers for the centerpieces, the flowers for the arch. Can't we just head to King Soopers, buy a bunch on sale and just do something with those? Hehe :-)

In the end, the flowers were decided. We're rolling with white roses, calla lilies (always been my fave flower), and blue dendrobium orchids. Don't even ask me how all of those are going to be arranged, or placed, or bouquets, etc, etc, because I have no idea. I know those are the three main ones, although there will be other types as well. Whew!

Alright so now that my flower rant is out of the way, the food. Oh man. GOOD, GOOD, GOOD. I don't think there will be anyone disappointed by the spread we'll have, and combined with the fact that it's all you can eat, we should all be pretty happy. It was all nice and official. We met one of the chefs, was served by one of the waitresses, and they were able to answer any questions we had. I have zero complaints, and my mouth is watering for more of that unbelievable bourban pecan pie.

Lastly, due to Craig's possible deployment (stinkin military!!) I'm having to replace him as a groomsmen in the wedding. Hopefully he's still able to attend, but to be safe it was decided that he should be replaced. I really wanted someone from Monica's side of the family to stand with me as she has my two sisters standing with her. So coming to the rescue is Monica's cousin Josh. I really went back and forth on this since he has a weird love affair with the Nuggets, and we all know I hate that team, lol. In all seriousness though, I love that guy and initially when deciding the final groomsmen it was a toss-up between Craig and Josh. We went with Craig since his wife will be standing with Monica also.

Anyway Josh and I are putting aside our sports differences and he's taking Craig's place. He's a great selection, plus you will all get to see that Josh rocks a tux as well as anyone. I'll have the Wedding Page updated with his pic soon. Yeah! Till the next entry, laters all...