Thursday, December 31, 2009

Budgeting…bleh!

One of the things about planning a wedding is dealing with the cost.night_under_arch These things aren’t cheap!!! I have a mental picture of how I want this thing to go, and I don’t see how it can be done on a very low budget! I think we’ve finally decided on a number and we’re shooting for $10,000 (correct me if I’m wrong Monica). That number shouldn’t be too difficult to obtain with us 18 months out. I don’t believe that we’re including the honeymoon in that number though. Sigh…

We still haven’t decided on a place, but it’s been narrowed down to two places. We’re checking them out this weekend, but it’s looking like the wedding will be in Golden, and the picture on this blog entry is a pic from one of their weddings. What’s nice about that spot is that we have full access to the patio, grounds outside, and indoors. We’re shooting to have the wedding outside, and the reception inside. Mother nature had better behave.

Lastly, it looks like I was premature in saying what our menu is. Looks like many places don’t allow outside catering, so we’re stuck with the chefs at the locations that we select. It’s not that big of a deal as it’ll be cheaper on our pockets anyway! If we go with the place in Golden, it looks like we’ll still be able to have Mexican, and I’ll probably insist on some Italian as well since people from Golden don’t know much about soul food, lol.

Happy New Year all!