Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Location hunting!

A couple weeks ago, Monica was in the middle of the most stressful time for accountants…tax season! She was working weekends, late during the week, etc. Just not the most enjoyable time. During this time though, we needed to get a place hammered down so we could officially say what day we were going to get married! Monica’s mother, Monica, and I had checked out a few places on Lookout Mountain, and while the price sounded right, after talking with Monica they just didn’t seem to be the place we wanted to get married. You see, I had a vision, and I’m glad it was in-line with Monica’s. The vision was that we have a place where everything occurs. Ceremony, reception, lodging. We don’t want guests having to drive home afterward because we plan on having a wedding in the evening. This is where the Embassy Suites Loveland comes in. Monica and I knew we wanted the wedding outside of Denver, but not too far, and when I came across the new hotel they have just north of Denver in Loveland, I knew as soon as I saw it that it was the place.

Monica and I really liked the pictures and it appeared to have what we were looking for, but we needed to find time to go up there and see the place. Well with tax season going on, I became one of the few men in history to go look at a wedding site solo. Monica trusted my judgment and she gave me complete decision making rights on this trip! Yeah! Now, I don't know how many of you have ever stayed in an Embassy Suites before. One of their main selling points is that every room is a suite. I mean who doesn't like to stay in a suite? This Embassy Suites that I toured though is a Hotel, Spa, and Conference Center. It got the extra special treatment, and they just opened their doors one year ago. To say this place is huge won't be doing it justice. You will just have to see for yourself, or go to the Accommmodations link and look at their pictures and virtual tours. This is by far the best Embassy Suites I've ever been in and I made the decision that we were going to have the wedding there.

Hehe, of course Monica was included in this decision as we found time in the middle of the upcoming week to head out there with her mom, and both women liked the place just as much as I did when I saw it a few days prior. We signed the contract right there. We were able to get incredible room rates. $79 for one or two people. That's in a suite!! They provide a free breakfast in the morning, and it's not a lousy piece of toast and an apple. They have a chef there so you can tell him what kind of waffles, omelets, etc you want made right there on the spot. They then have a large breakfast bar so you can compliment it with bacon, sausage, fruit, cereal, whatever. Every evening for guests they have a cocktail party from 5:30 to 7 in which they serve free beer and wine!! Now this won't apply for us since Monica and I are getting married at 5pm and most will be staying one night, but that's pretty cool! So again, the room rates are $79 for one or two people, $94 for three, and $109 for four. The rooms all come with either two queens or one king and they all have a pull out sofa.

I'm pretty glad that Monica is open to my opinions about this wedding as well. I know a lot of guys dread this stuff, but it's kind of cool. This past weekend we went to a bridal festival, and I'll blog about that later. I promise you that I didn't want to go to that, but it actually turned out to be pretty entertaining. Monica was very close to winning a honeymoon for us and although she didn't win, I have some video of her digging through wedding cakes looking for keys, lol. Laters all.