Wednesday, July 7, 2010

It continues to be a challenge!

Every single time I look at the number of days until the wedding, it seems to be WAY closer than the last time. We have about four and a half months, and it feels like we have so much left to do. Between dealing with a photographer that's beginning to annoy me, deciding on a wedding cake, dealing with invitations (that one is close to being taken care of), going to get tuxedos fitted, bridesmaid dresses ordered, junior bridesmaid dresses ordered, figuring out how the ceremony is going to go, decorations, etc, etc, etc. Oh man. That was just the items I could list off the top of my head! It really seemed like a lot of time before, but we're definitely getting down to it!

Monica is having a bridal shower this weekend, and although she was undecided in wanting one, she lost and she's getting one anyway, lol. I'm in the slow process of finishing the last two pages on the website. If you've clicked all the links, you know that those pages are the RSVP and Registry pages. While the RSVP one is still a couple weeks out probably, I do have the beginnings of the Registry page almost available (should be up later today). It'll show just Monica's registry for the shower, but it's the beginning of something anyway.

I honestly can't believe how annoying and stressful it is to plan this thing. Coordinating the schedules of so many people, dealing with deposits, trusting vendors, and just plain making sure that all of the i's and t's are crossed is just an overwhelming thing, and I'm speaking from the male's point of view! No wonder there are bridezillas, lol. Monica and I went out with the plan on making this wedding as classic, elegant, and simple as possible without breaking the bank. I do believe that we're going to achieve this, but it's certainly been a challenge and as we head into the home stretch, I have a feeling that we haven't even begun.

Finally, if you've checked out the site, there's a new link, Quiz. I used a third party website to create a quick little 'how well do you know Monica and Chris' quiz. Check it out when you have some time. Oh and in case you're wondering, the pic in this blog is of Puerto Vallarta which happens to be one of the destinations for our honeymoon! Enjoy the rainy Wednesday everyone! Yeah!