Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wake me when it's over!!

I’ll start this by saying that yup that’s a pic of my sister at the bridal shower. I don’t have any other exclusive pics yet, but since Katrina fell asleep pretty early that day, and Adria got a great pic, I’m obligated to post it! Lol!!

Okay, so as of today, we have 114 days till the wedding! Those who have planned weddings before know exactly what I mean when I say that I cannot wait to have my life back. It feels like every single weekend we have something wedding related to do, and it continues to increase more and more. I’ve begun to even question if we’ll ever have it all done! But anyway, onto what’s been going on…

Monica and I went and selected the tuxedos that all of the men will wear. There were some creative differences with the woman helping us, but in the end, we decided on a Calvin Klein all black tux for all the men. I’m going to rock a black vest and a black bow tie with of course a white shirt underneath. I wanted to go as classic as possible. Plus I don’t get to wear a bow tie every day! I told Monica that since I don’t get to see her in her dress till the big day, there’s no way that I’m allowing her to see me in the tux getting fitted beforehand. Yeah, I’m being a brat, but so what, haha.

Wedding invites have been officially approved! We’ll probably have them in the next week to two weeks, with our target mailing date around the 25th or 26th of August. We haven’t had a chance to load the names into our RSVP database yet, so like I said last time, I hope we’re able to do it very soon. One thing that you are allowed to do though is reserve your hotel room! I see that many have already reserved rooms, but just remember that our special room rate expires on the 26th of October and there’s nothing I can do about it. I also don’t know how many of each room is available, so obviously the earlier you get your reservation in, the better. If you’ve forgotten where to go to get our special rate, just click on the Accommodations link and the information is right there.

Other than that, we’ve decided quite a few things…we know what the broom is going to look like that we plan on jumping over. We have decided on the favors that all the guests will receive. We’re in the process of deciding on overall decorations. We’re also in the process of figuring out the agenda. This is the first wedding I have ever planned, and I cannot believe how much there is to do! Happy hump day everyone!