Thursday, October 14, 2010

Closer....closer....

We creep closer and closer to the big day!! Does that countdown on our main page really say 43 days!? Monica and I have kicked it into high, HIGH gear! I'm going to start this blog out with a big reminder. There are only 12 days left to take advantage of the $80 special room rate we have at the Embassy Suites. I went through the normal booking phase on the Embassy Suites website today as if I was just some random person wanting to stay that night, and the lowest rate for the rooms that night are $144, and it goes up from there. I continue to stress that $80 (well...$79 to be exact) is a very good rate that we cannot extend past midnight on the 26th of October.

Junior bridesmaid dresses have arrived for my daughters! I've only seen pictures of them on the web, but I'm quite sure they came out looking stellar. We have all of the decorations and table favors we're going to use all set as well. We're going simple and elegant, not corny and cheesy. So we really hope you all like. Let's see next up on our calendar is a trip to the tuxedo shop for Monica's dad and I. Then Monica and I have another photo session (I know right?) with our new photographer as she really wants to get even more engagement photos of us. It's included, she wants to do it, so how can we say no? We'll be getting them taken at the Denver Botanic Gardens (that's the picture on this blog), so they should look very, very nice like our others!!

I think Monica spilled the beans on our cake flavors for the big day. I can't remember, but I don't think she actually spilled design details. We seriously found the greatest cake decorator on the planet. Her prices are unbelievable, and she just has a great, great down to Earth relaxing mood. We even decided to do a Groom's cake that we were previously not even thinking about. I'm excited about the design of it and how it's going to come out. Welona and Adria have come up with some decent guesses of what it could be via Facebook, but I'm making everyone wait. I really don't think there will be much surprise though, lol. As for our actual cake, It's going to keep with the theme of our wedding, which is simple, elegance. The decorator just sat back while Monica, Yolanda (her mother), Viv (her sister), and I ate cake, looked through her portfolio, and talked. She listened to every word we said and put it on paper and man the design kicks butt!

Alright, gonna close the blog with another thank you. This one is going out to Monica's oldest (she's not too old, lol) sis, Adria. The incredible handwriting of each and every invitation that's been sent out is because of her. She flew out specifically for Monica's bridal shower and assisted as much as she could in the planning of that as well. She's helped with the graphics on this website, designed our monogram that you will see in the wedding, and just has done everything a person can do from Seattle. She's been a great source for Monica and I to bounce ideas off of as she's only five years from going through all this herself!! I'm quite sure Monica cannot wait for her to get back to Denver next month so she can help with many of the details and to help calm Monica's jitters down as well!! Adria, you rock, and just like your mother, there are many pieces of this wedding planning that wouldn't have been successful without you. LYS!! Hehe. Next week, I have someone on my side of the family to thank. Laters all!!