Monday, October 4, 2010

It's happening next month!!

I know, I know. Many of you have let me know that I've slacked on the blogs over the last couple weeks, and so much has been going on! You know it's funny. Everytime I talk to a male about the trials of planning a wedding, I get a backwards look and the response is normally along the lines of "she handled it all, I just showed up." Oh believe me, there are times I wish I let Monica take care of it all! However in the end, I figure that even though all attention will be on her, it is kind of my day as well. I don't think it can be successful without me being there, so I want to have a part in the planning! We're almost there! Next month! Yeah! So onto what's been going on...

A couple blogs ago I thought we had found our cake decorator, but unfortunately due to legal issues with the hotel, we couldn't use her as she's an employee of Embassy Suites. Blah. Oh well, tonight our cake decorator/baker saga comes to a close as we meet the woman that I'm positive will be desigining our cake for us. She's coming by our house tonight and bringing wedding cake. Not a bad way to spend a Monday evening!

This wedding is constantly changing. We were going to do personalized shot glasses for everyone, but that's now changed to something different. We were going to do centerpieces one way, but now we're doing it a different way. Many of you know about our photographer saga, but thankfully that has been solved as well! I'm used to the fact that details will be changing constantly until the day actually happens. This is kind of fun, but I think both Monica and I are ready for this to be over so we can enjoy our time on the cruise ship!

I was doing some thinking the other day about the toughest part of planning a wedding. Sure dealing with multiple vendors is tough due to the coordination of all the schedules. Then there's coordinating the wedding party's schedule with getting them in for tuxedo or dress fittings. However, I think the toughest part is telling people no. Since this is our first (and only!) wedding, we have welcomed any and all suggestions. It's just tough to tell someone that we don't think their idea would work with the vision for our wedding. Thankfully Monica and I have been on the same page throughout this and there's been very little we haven't agreed on. So what I'm saying is, continue to give us ideas, we welcome them! Just please don't be hurt if we initially say yes, and then because we've changed our mind on something it renders your idea not useable for our day.

Speaking of planning the wedding. I'm going to close this blog with a huge, HUGE, HUGE thank you. Monica's mom was fresh off planning Adria's (Monica's oldest sister for those that don't know) wedding five years ago. She knew what worked, and what didn't. I'm telling you all that we wouldn't be as organized, or as close to being complete without her help. I don't believe Monica or I knew all of the tiny details included in planning a wedding, and Monica's mother has helped us with nothing but a smile on her face. She's been there through the appointments, the countless trips to Loveland, the festivals, and she'll be with us tonight offering her advice on our wedding cake. We cannot say thank you enough for everything you have done and everything you are yet to do. We appreciate it more than you know and we love you!!

For others that have helped, thank you as well, and over the next many blogs I'm going to be giving you special shout outs also! Lastly, you have THREE WEEKS from today to reserve your room for the wedding! The killer rate is still valid, and remember they will not charge your card to reserve your room!! Laters all!!