Wednesday, October 27, 2010

October is almost over!!

With the date being October 27, we are less than a month away from the big day!! Our room rate officially expired Monday night, but thankfully a phone call to the Embassy Suites got us another week. The problem? Well some of you were trying to reserve rooms and we had sold through our complete block!! So they gave me what I believe was seven more rooms (three or four of which has already been snatched up) and gave us another week because of the mistake. I can no longer guarantee the room price of $79, although at the time of this blog going up, we still have our group rate, and there are a few rooms still available. Yeah!!

Plans went as they should've last weekend. Monica's dad and I hit the tuxedo shop, and Monica's mother and Monica hit the bridal store to verify alterations and whatnot were accurate. They have yet another appointment on Saturday, and I think that's the final one in which she will actually be able to take her dress. I'm hitting the tuxedo shop with David (Monica's first cousin and usher) on Saturday and then we're sitting down with Monica's mother and going through everything to make sure every single thing is covered. It's so easy to miss something!! I think on Sunday, we're going to sit with my dad to run through how the ceremony is going to go as well.

I was going through previous blogs, and I realize that not everyone is going to read those old things!! I did have some valuable info in there, so I'll try to repost some of that stuff on upcoming blogs to answer some questions. One I get asked from time to time is the menu. Waaaayyyy back in May, I posted the menu, but here it is again!! Oh and yes it's a buffett!

Sweet Corn and Roasted Poblano Chowder
Wedge Salad
Coleslaw
Roasted Red "B" Potato Salad
Tri-color Melon Salad, Mint Infusion

Raspberry-Chipotle Barbecue Chicken
Marinated Grilled Ribeye Steak
Shrimp and Vegetable Kebabs
Poblano Corn Bread
Corn on the Cob and Fat Tire Baked Beans
Salt Roasted Yukon Potatoes

There are two or three desserts, one of which is an incredible pecan pie, but I can't remember what they are! Ah well. We've of course tasted it and wow. Very, very, good!!

Lastly, I have another thank you!! She hosted the bridal shower, she's organizing the bachelorette party with Monica's sister, she's assisting with table decorations, and she's even singing at our wedding. I'm of course referring to Jennifer. She's been a great source of many ideas, and we're even using quite a few of them. I assure you this wedding would be different if she weren't a part of it, and we're glad she is. Love ya Jenn! Thank you!!!!!

Enjoy your Wednesday everyone!!